What data do we collect?
DGI collects the following data:
● When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
● If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
● If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
● When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
● If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day. 1
Embedded content from other websites
● Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide DGI with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Complete an enquiry form
- Use or view our website via your browsers cookies
- Log in to our system How will we use your data?
Our company collects your data so that we can:
- Address your enquiry
- Contact you with information about our services
How do we store your data?
Our company securely stores your data at a secure and encrypted cloud server
What are your data protection rights?
DGI would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request DGI for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that DGI corrects any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request DGI to complete information you believe is incorrect.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request the DGI erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that DGI restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to DGI’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that DGI transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Call us at: +61 (0) 2 9669 2450
Or write to us at: PO BOX 1143, Mascot NSW 1460 AUSTRALIA
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – DGI uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells your how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
How to contact us
- Email us at:
- Call us: +61 (0) 2 9669 2450
- Or write to us at: PO BOX 1143, Mascot NSW 1460 AUSTRALIA
How to contact the appropriate authority:
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that DGI has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the information commissioner’s office.
- Phone: +61 2 9284 9749
- Website: https://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us/#phone 4